Skip to main content

Configuration Management–The Operation Manager View

Here is my 2009 presentation from the BCS Configuration Management Group in 2009.

Configuration Management – ensuring a consistent server configuration to improve confidentiality, security and availability – is a key part of day-to-day operations but is often a thorn in the Operation Manager’s side.

If you want to know why, read the presentation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alexa has performance rankings too!

I must confess that this one had slipped past me… I wasn’t aware that Alexa was now offering performance rankings as well! Alexa now shows an “average load time” as well as a “comparitive ranking” (i.e. 51% of sites are slower). Interesting data for your next website analysis! It’s worth noting that the quoted “1.404 seconds” is about the same as the “repeat view” measurement webpagetest.org (testing from the UK node shows that www.johnlewis.com takes about 7.2 seconds to load with an empty cache, and 1.6 seconds with a primed cache, median values over 5 runs). Presumably this is an average across all Alexa toolbar users, on all johnlewis.com pages (large and small) with empty and primed caches.

Real-time Web Analytics just took a step forward with Pion v4

Awesome news from Atomic Lab’s that Pion 4.0 has been released! The new Dashboard functionality looks amazing – real-time web analytics likes page views, visitor sessions etc as well as performance analytics like load time and server reply time – along with the usual Pion goodness like tag-free analytics and customer journey visualisation with the Replay feature. Can’t wait to implement this on some customer sites!

It’s been a while...

I haven’t blogged here since Nov 2011 (so 6yrs 3 months and counting) mostly because I’ve been doing all my blogging over at www.devopsguys.com/blog . But as DevOpsGuys has grown as a company I’ve been wanting to get back to having a place where I can share my thoughts on a wider range of topics than “just” DevOps, although that will no doubt feature heavily here, too. So I’ve dug out the trusty LiveWriter (now a .Net Foundation Open Source project http://openlivewriter.org/ ) and linked it all up so I can blog on thoughts quickly and easily, probably predominately during my commutes from Greyshott to Cardiff, where DevOpsGuys is based.